Monday, April 13, 2009

We have touched down in Ontario, Canada

We land in Canada at Saturday 5am and it was 0 degrees outside. It was was definetely colder than Sydney weather for sure. We all felt the exhaustion from our flight. But getting out of the airport and going through customs, as well as picking up our luggage made us all a bit sluggish. Before we left the airport I saw this police man riding on this 3 wheel vehicle. It's really strange. It's not a scooter, but it is like those two wheels attached to something like a long stick. But this one is different it has three wheels and a police is riding it. I thought policeman were supposed to be fit?? I asked the man if I could take a photo of him but instead he asked if I wanted a photo on it. Of course I said yes to that!

Here is a photo of what it looks like.




My Aunty and Uncle picked us up from the airport. The drive to Grandmas house was lovely. It was early morning drive, and it was nice to see the sun rise and see a bit of Ontario.

We arrive at my Grandparents house, in Scarborough and everything looks the same from when I was last here. It hits me, as I get older and bigger the house that I once thought was a big house is now getting smaller. Everything I see was in the same position as last time. It was almost like I never left. It was nice to see all my relatives and for them to see how my family have changed from when we last saw them. I must say my Granparents are doing well for their age. Still active and healthy.

At about 2pm I head down to the local store. Woodville Plaza to buy my toiletries and necessities. We pop down to this shop called the Shoppers Drug Mart.



It is the biggest pharmacy I have ever seen and opened till midnight. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Later on that afternoon jetlag hit me. I tried so hard to stay awake to adjust to Canada time. But it was becoming a challenge for me to keep my eyes open from the 2 day flight. I decided to have a nana nap. It took me like 10 minutes and I would out like a light.

Later on that evening my family, relatives and granparents headed out to a Chinese resturant for a family dinner. It was really nice. Just to see everyone and catch up with them. We ate so much food though. I think by the end of this trip I will have a food belly!!

No comments: