Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Peaceful Sunday

It was just an ordinary day for Sunday. We hadn't made any plans at all. I went to church with Dad. It was the same church. Followed by the usual Yum Cha across the road. This place, gets packed so quickly. Without a reservation you have no hope of getting in!

Afterwords we went to this large asian grocery store called T&T supermarket. I am not too sure what it means, but it was massive inside. And the variety of food you can purchase is more than what I could purchase at home. The best part about it was that everything was fresh. The breads, meat and fish. You could by almost everything and anything at this store. Some things I had my doubts about, like frozen turtle. I like turtles so seeing one in a frozen packet was a little bit sad. The greens were looking really nice too. All green and fresh. I have noticed one thing in Canada, which takes after America. This is that everything is bought in bulk. For some strange reason there is no such thing as a small portion. Everything is like in a huge size, as if your going to hibernate and never return to the outside world again.

To end my evening was a game of marjong. This time I think I had lost my winning streak. And adopted the losing side. Not only did I not win, but in most cases I gave a tile to the person who was about to win. I only won twice, but it wasn't enough as my tokens in my box slowly by slowly were become less and less. I lost $1.80. My lesson has been learned!! Not to play on a losing streak.

No comments: