Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bargain hunter round 2!!

Today I went shopping yet again. I can already foresee what activities I will be getting up to during these two weeks. Which also means that my photos will become a near minimum, as I invest some time and money into shopping!!

This time my cousin took my brother, uncle and I to a clothing outlet. Similar to DFO in Homebush. When we arrived at the shopping complex and the first shop you see is called "Outdoor World". Inside is like living the outdoors. So much effort was put in with all the decorations. You should see the weblink for photos. There are ornaments hanging from the ceiling with stuffed animals, fishes swimming in the tank and many other crazy things. As you exit out of the shop you enter the other outlets inside the mall. There are so many good deals here!! And yes I went on another shopping spree. This time I bought two pairs of shoes. I went to the Adidas shop and found these funky pair of shoes. They were reduced to $50 and I had a further reduction and only paid $31.50! Bargain, bargain, I kept on saying in my head!! I went to this other store Jacob, where I found this really nice Jacket for $20, but as I tried it on the button came off. I didn't want to lose this item. So I placed the lose button in my pocket and asked her to reduce the price. So it was reduced to $17.99, plus tax $20.33. I bought a few more items and I felt proud of my bargain hunting. It sounds like recession has done my wallet a favour!! All these cheap deals makes it seem cheaper to shop here than HK. There were crazy $1 in some shops.

I was there for about 2.5 hours and by the end of it I was dead. Normally I am a bit more fitter than this, but for some strange reason shopping here takes it out of me. I am now yawning as I am typing this!!

I have this theory, that shopping often makes you tired not just from walking around, but carrying the shopping around. It was like another form of weight lifting. But even better about 3 - 4 on each arm. I think I have started my new form of daily exercise.

Seeing these good deals now makes me sigh and wonder how the heck am I going to fit my shopping back into my suitcase. Originally I thought I wasn't going to shop much. As a few years ago when I went to Canada, before recession, shopping here was so expensive. I couldn't buy anything. Now some of the clothes here are cheaper than home. Like I have bought a pair of jeans for $22.59 CA = $25 AU. Man, so I got two pairs of jeans for almost $50!! There are so many good bargains here. It makes it seem as though the clothes are more expensive to buy back at home.

It is now 9.30pm. I think I will go now and have an orange.

No comments: