Wednesday, April 22, 2009

City of Toronto..

It's already Tuesday. Only two more days left in Canada and we go home on Friday morning. A bit of sadness is starting to show, as we will be leaving our Grandparents and won't be seeing them for a few more years.



Today's plan was to go shopping in Toronto Eaton Centre. The above photo is what it looks like inside. It's pretty big and lots and lots of shops. My aim for the rest of the trip was to try and find some nice boots. Just plain black boots. I went into one shop and tried on this pair. They were ok, but I was seriously doubting if they were worth $150. The sales lady was quite funny. When I was wearing them she told me the boots were made in Canada. I was so stunned, because these days what isn't made in China. I checked inside the boot to see if it was made in Canada. To my disappointment it said "Made in China", so I asked her what part is from Canada. She said the leather. Pfft! I really find that hard to believe. When I told her the shoe says made in China, she gave me this big story of how shoes were made in Montreal and now recession and this and that. It really had now put me off purchasing the shoes.

There was an Esprit store too, which had sales everywhere. I met a salesman, who happened to be from Melbourne. He picked up my accent straight away. Went I went to the cashiere, one of the sales lady told me I had made him home sick. What were the chances hey, bumping into an ozzie in a Esprit store!

Later on we watched a baseball match. I have never watched on live, and the seats we had were not close to the players either. The teams we were watching were the Blue Jays vs Texas Rangers. Baseball is almost like cricket. Ok from my point of view they seem similar. As they can have games going for up to 5 days!! The game was pretty intense as it each time were on a tight score.



During the game, an incident happened. One of the referees was smacked on the head by a bat by accident. The huge display screen went to a default screen. And everyone was so quiet watching to check if the guy was ok. He was down for nearly 10 minutes before they took him off the field. It was pretty scary. As no one knew what was going on. It happened so fast. I didn't see what happened myself. I just saw the guy lying on the ground face down. I just overheard other people's conversations of what had happened.

I really enjoyed this baseball match. The atmosphere was entirely different compared to the basket ball game we saw last week. In this velodrome, you could watch the game from your hotel room or watch it dining at a restaurant. As it was connected to the building. It looked pretty cool from afar seeing people dinning and watching the game.

It is now after midnight. And I have caught up with my holiday adventures. I am going to bed now. nyt.

No comments: