Friday, April 17, 2009

Morning News!!

It is almost 10am Friday (Canada time).....who would of thought shopping can become a dangerous activity. Yesterday, after purchasing our snow gear, we had planned to go to Yorkdale Mall. Unfortunately, our cousin who was driving us, said there wouldn't be enough time and we went to Bayview mall instead. Last night when we were eating dinner, we were watching the news and they were talking about Yorkdale Mall. It turns out there was a shooting. How crazy ey. What were the chances that one decision of choosing to not go there was for a good reason with out us knowing. I kept thinking how lucky were to change our mind. As we could of been the victims or witnesses of the shooting. It just seems as though so much has been happening over the week. That it really hits me that no where is safe these days. This is the first time I have heard a shooting in the local malls. Now I am not too sure if I still want to go Yorkdale mall, but I did out a pair of shoes on hold. There is no rush, there's always next week. But maybe I will just stay away from the shops for a little while. The wallet needs a rest.

Last night, after dinner I was planning to do some blogging when I was asked to play Mahjong. This time the game was slightly different. I've never played a proper game before. All the games I had played were always with supervision or with someone guiding me. This time I was playing against my Dad, Grandad and Aunty. Grandad takes this game pretty seriously, so there were no jokes nor easy ways to win. I had to play for myself and teach myself how to be a bit more strategic. The game is so addictive. After one round you want to keep playing. I know I sure did. I didn't take notice of the tokens we had to hand out after each round. I just wanted to keep winning. When the dice came to me I think this was the third or fourth time round. I started to win almost 4 consecutive times in a row. Winning streak!! I couldn't believe my eyes that I was picking up the game really quick. But at the last round I lost and had to forfet 80c. If I hadn't won I would of suffered. But yeah it was fun. Now I am ready for another game!

At the moment there is nothing planned for the day. But tonight we are going to have a fancy dinner with all the relos. And maybe tomorrow there will be a photoshoot. It will be nice, because the last lot of the family photoshoot was when I was 10 years old. So I think our family photos definately need updating!!

Cheerio!

No comments: