Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Update on Friday

Oops....I have neglected my blog, so I will have to quickly summarise each of the events which have been happening through out my holiday so far.

Friday was going to be a busy day as we were preparing for the banquet dinner to celebrate Grandad's I think 90th birthday. Quite a mile stone I reckon. It was to be a big celebration full of fine dinning and lots of family photos.

In the morning, we had to grab a few items for the evening. My aunty decided to go to Yorkdale mall, since she has never been before and I was the tag along. Not that I minded when it comes to shopping. Yorkdale mall was huge. Very spacious, lots of shops, but very xpensive. It wasn't like Bayview mall less classy, but the there weren't many sales at all :( . I had put two pairs of shoes on hold at a particular shoe store. I went to scope them out thinking I could be going home with two brand new pairs of shoes. To my disappointment, seeing them a second time round I decided not to purchase them. The boots were not leather and I didn't want to splurge $160 on shoes that are not made properly. The little blue shoes were in bad condition and didn't seem worth the $150 anymore. Sigh.... But.....I did find some nice clothes at this store called H&M their originally from the UK. They have some nice clothes in there and heaps cheap deals. Everything I bought from there was less than $25! By the time we finished shopping and splurging on ourselves, we were running out of time to buy the decorations for Granpa's dinner.

The hours past quickly and it was time to get ready for dinner. After all my shopping I had many outfits I could choose from!! The dinner was lovely, the food was so nice. We had in total 10 dishes per person. Soup, abalone, duck and many more dishes!! And yes we had heaps and heaps of family photos. Each family member with their photos with Grandma and Grandpa. When we were taking our photos, it made me feel a little bit sad, because is the last family dinner we will be having together till our next visit to Canada.

No comments: