Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bargains!

Good afternoon, my legs are tired and sore. I think the title of my blog sums up what my blog is about.

First things first. This morning, I wanted to post a letter in the letter box. At the top of the street, there was a grey box, with the Canadian post symbol. I assumed this must be a postbox.



I circled around it and even tried to pull this handle. To my mistake, this wasn't a post box at all. I must admit I probably looked like a lunatic. I kept on walking along the street thinking that maybe I would find a post office in the local stores. As I was approaching near the end of the street I saw the local postman delivering mail. When I called out to him, he accidentally thought I was the resident of the house I was in front of. I asked him if the grey boxes I saw were letter boxes. He told me I was mistaken and I have to find a red letterbox. When I asked him where the nearest one was, he took my letters from my hand and offered to post them. I hope they arrive to their destination.



I carried on walking to the local shops after my letters were posted. I walked past this drain area and down towards the bottom I saw, well I think it is a ground hog. It was big, brown and had a flat tail. No it wasn't a squirrel. I am sure of it.



As I approached the ground hog hoping to get a better photo, it kept on running and hiding in it's little hole.





It was a funny little thing. I wanted to get a photo of it, but the little thing wanted to keep well hidden away from me. I gave up in the end and carried on heading towards the shops.

I saw my first McDonalds, it was a very small one. I took a few photos of it.



I noticed as well, on the McDonalds symbol there is a maple leaf. It looks so cool.



It was interesting this McDonalds when I compare it to the ones back home. The play area is indoors. I guess that is because it gets that cold, I very doubt any child would be able to with stand 0 degrees weather!



My next exercise adventure was shopping in Scarborough Town Centre. It is a small shopping complex, and I figured that we wouldn't be spending too much time there. It was alot of fun shopping, because there were so many sales!! It was great. Bargains everywhere!! I bought pants, tops, shirt and a pair of jeans. I had bought 7 items and spent $146!! I think I did pretty well here!! I was proud of my shopping trip!! My legs are really tired. Not from walking around, but having to carry two jackets the whole complex. I think the worst thing about shopping is you need your jackets when you leave the complex. But inside they crank the heating up so much that you almost die of heat exhaustion. It was really funny when I was shopping, when looking at the different currency. It isn't too different to home, just when it comes to coins they have more than we do. At one store it was the first time I was buying something so I was curious to know how much tax. When I asked the girl how much are these with tax, after answering my question she asked "How is the weather in Britain?". I politely told her I am from Australia. I must've sounded really funny ey. Then she asked me "Are you in your fall?". I couldn't quite understand her with her accent, as she was partly french. I thought she was asking about affording, or falling?? Then it hit me, fall = autumn. DUh!! Yeah, bit slow with all the terms!!

I also saw this interesting package in Sears. Canadian Wild Moose Droppings!! Check em out!



The shopping here is particularly good, and the prices are not too bad even if you compare it to the oz $. I think some things almost work out slightly cheaper too. I think there will be a few more days coming up of shopping.

Good news....i found an sd card reader!!

No comments: