Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bludgy Monday!!

Easter Monday and what a relaxing Monday it is. As each day passes I am slowly adjusting to the time. This is a good thing, because it means I won't be getting so tired so quickly. I think I am starting to enjoy blogging. I know one thing which is lacking in my blog is images!!! Please be patient, they will come all in good time.

Today, I didn't have anything planned. I slept well, maybe too well. I spent half the day sleeping, which meant the rest of the day was going to be short. I went to Scarborough Town Centre. It doesn't look the same from when I was last there. It is similar to our Westfields back at home, but much smaller. Maybe more like the Centro shopping malls. I remember when I was last there, they had these interesting attractions in the shopping mall. There was a balloon that went up and down and some other floating device at the other end of the mall. Unfortunately, due to the renovations they have taken them away. It is kind of sad for me, because each time I went to this shopping centre I always sit there watching it and this time I wanted to take a photo, only to find it just a slab of concrete from the remains of the attraction.

Looking at the fashion, the clothes are similar to home. Prices are almost the same, maybe a little bit more expensive with tax and currency. I just had a quick browse through all the shops. But I think tomorrow or later during the week I will have a proper browse. It was pretty busy in the mall. Lots of people bring easter monday. I think they have better and longer opening hours compared to back home. Weekdays is from 10.30am - 9pm, which I think is good, it is almost like our late night shopping on Thursday, but this is every weekday. I didn't buy much at all. Just things I needed. I am saving up for a proper shop. I must say this is the best time to go shopping for winter clothes. So many sales!! Bargains everywhere!! As the new stock is spring wear is coming in. It seems as though that it is working in my favour.

Later on the afternoon, I thought I could take my cousin's dog for a walk. He has an Australian Sheepdog. Sounds weird right, an Australian dog in Canada. Her name is Sunny, she is a very tame dog compared to mine back home.



I thought she would be a good dog for walking. But things didn't work out they way, as I had hoped. When Sunny and I were walking, we approached the crossing. I noticed she started to pull back and I thought maybe by tugging her forward would help. Nuh-uh. As soon as I turned around in the direction of Grandmas home, she pull me all the way there. I guessed, Sunny being older and wiser may have mistaken me for stealing her and taking her away from her owner. As soon as she got into the house she completely avoided. Sad ey. I meant no harm, but dogs I guess never want to be taken away from their owner from their view. Since failing walking Sunny, there was another option. My aunt has two pugs, which I am not a real fan of, but I really wanted to go for a walk. The pugs names are Quintin and Rocky. I think their names suit them.



Before I headed out the door, I was given one condition "Make sure they don't pee on each other". I thought that was a bit absurd, but I soon found out why I was told to keep and eye out. You see when one dog pees, the other (both being males) become naturally territorial and one will pee on the other dogs pee. Now with out them both realising they will just pee on each other. Funny isn't it.

Walking the pugs was a breeze, except for the fact one of them did a poo!! They were pretty obident and I never realised how easy it was to walk two small dogs at the same time. They can run too, but I got worried their little bodies may not be able to take it. I wanted to avoid having to carry them back home. Being small dogs doesn't neccessarily mean they are light dogs. I walked down to Woodville Square. I think I called Woodvilla Plaza in my previous blog. But I got it wrong. I will pop down there tomorrow morning to just see what is there. It's really small, but the good thing about is that it is within walking distance.

It is now 10.30pm at night. Time for bed. Good Night.

No comments: